When you need to edit someone's personal information, such as name, contact information, or church information, you'll do this from their Personal Profile. You can also link two people together as spouses so they will merge in labels and reports, and you can edit most answers in someone's registration here, too.
- Use the Registrant Search tool in the upper right corner to look up the participant
- Or use the shortcut by typing the letter s.
- Type the person's name in the search box (a fuzzy search is ok)
- Choose the name in the search results
- Click the chevron button [ V ].
You can also open the profile by clicking their name from Manage Registrants and the Column Browser, or by clicking the chevron menu [v]. If nothing happens when you click their name, please read this article for more information.
Once you're in the profile, you'll find these sections:
Basic Information - name, address, birth date, and other various information.
Contact Information - email addresses and phone numbers
Extra Registration Information - custom fields on the registration form, like shirt sizes and registration types
Church Information - choose or edit a church for this participant, or edit the basic church information for all people associated with that church
Relationship Information - link spouses in their profiles. This is the tool that links spouses together for mailing labels.
When you change information in this section, it will update this person’s account to all events he is registered. If you update this information for an contact person, it may also change the information that shows in your templates.
- Click Edit at the top right of Basic Information to change information in this section.
- Make the necessary changes.
- Click Save Basic Information before moving on to other parts of the profile.
The primary phone and primary email are the main contact methods for this person and show by default in most searches. When you change information in this section, it will update this person’s account to all events where he is registered. The example below is for phone numbers, but the same process is used in the email address section of the profile.
Adding a Phone Number:
- Click the Add Phone Number icon (yellow paper icon in top dark blue bar).
- Enter the 10-digit phone number.
- Select the designation. Do not create multiples of the same type. This will cause duplicates in your reports. Use only one home, work, etc. phone number or email address.
- Click Save.
Editing a Phone Number:
- Click the Edit Phone Number icon (white paper icon).
- Make changes.
- Click Save.
Deleting a Phone Number:
- Click the Delete Phone Number icon (recycling can icon).
- Click OK to confirm the delete.
Note: if you make changes to an event contact's profile, this may change the contact information in your templates.
Extra Registration Information
The Extra Registration Information section of a Profile consists of a guest's answers to any custom fields (excluding meals) you created on your registration form. Changes made here are specific to this event.
- Click on the Edit Answer icon to the far right of a particular question (the white paper icon).
- Make changes as needed.
- Click Save.
- Extra Registration Information can also be edited from the Custom Report Builder.
- Note: Meal choices, dietary restrictions, can be edited from the chevron [v] menu, the View As Report link in Manage Registrants, and from Custom Report Builder. Seat requests can be edited from the chevron menu [v].
A guest may not have a church selected, or the church selected may be incorrect. You can manually select a church for them from the drop-down menu. If their church is not listed in the menu, you need to add it.
- Select the guest’s church from the drop-down menu.
- Click Change Church.
If a guest does not have a church selected and his church is not in the church drop-down, you can add the church and assign it in one step.
- Click Add New.
- Fill out the new church’s information.
- Click Save Church Information.
If you want to remove a church from a guest’s profile, simply go into that guest’s profile and select “No Church” from the drop-down menu; do not delete the church.
When you create name tags within Ministry Sync, or export your event data to use in an external program, you can merge spouses together so both of their names appear together. This gives you the "Mr & Mrs" in name tags.
However, you are not limited to only spouses. You can keep track of most familial relationships using this tool. Only spouses will share profile information.
- In Relationship Information click Add New.
- You would then click Lookup to get the Relative Person ID for the person they’re related to.
- Click on the name you are linking to this person in the search popup.
- Select their Relationship and Reverse Relationship from the drop-down menus. See example below.
- Click Save.
Example: If Sallie Mae is the wife, you would select Wife from the Relationship drop-down and Husband from the Reverse Relationship drop-down.
If a spouse is showing more than once in the relationship section, this may cause a duplicate record in Search/Reports or Export Data. Make sure spouses are only listed one time in a profile.
Deleting A Relationship
- In Relationship Information, click on the Delete Relationship icon (recycling can icon) to the far right of the relationship you want to delete.
- A notification box will appear to ask if you are sure you want to remove the relationship. Click OK.
- Note: the relationship information will also be deleted in the other person's Profile.