Setting up your Campaign
How do I create my FundEasy Lite Campaign?
- FundEasy Lite Campaigns use the Ministry Sync beta. If you're in legacy (old Ministry Sync) click the blue "Preview the New Ministry Sync" link in the upper right corner.
- Click Add Event and choose the first option, "FundEasy Lite." It takes just a few minutes to get started.
Can I edit my campaign after I've created my event? Yes. Use the gear icon in the left column to get back to the Campaign Details and settings, including:
- Campaign Name
- Contact Information
- Goal - this is a required field so the Fundmeter will show on your campaign webpage and the graphs on the Dashboard will show your totals.
- Starting balance - any offline donations you've received before or during your campaign.
- Twitter hashtag
- Banner and Colors
- Donation levels and donor information collected on the payment form.
- TaxID and Tax Receipt language
When will my FundEasy Lite campaign start and end?
- Your campaign date is the date that your campaign will end.
- Your campaign will begin immediately unless you choose a different date and time in the FundEasy Start Date and Time.
Can I change the date of my GivingTuesday campaign?
- No. Giving Tuesday campaigns end on the same date (at midnight in your timezone). Year-End Campaigns end on December 31. (at midnight in your timezone). You easily can transition your #GivingTuesday page to a Year-End Campaign:
- Create both a #GivingTuesday Campaign and a Year-End Campaign.
- Copy the URL for the Year-End campaign from the address bar in your browser and paste it in the #GivingTuesday campaign's Campaign Details in the field labeled "After this campaign is over, redirect people to the following donation page." This will redirect any new donations to the Year-End Campaign after the #GivingTuesday campaign ends.
- If you'd like to carry over the amount raised to your Year-End Campaign, add the #GivingTuesday total to the Starting Balance in your Year-End Campaign.
Why do I have to choose my time zone? To make sure your campaign's start and end time is consistent with your organization's time zone, we have you choose your time zone during setup.
I don't see a Facebook banner. Do I still need one? We created a Facebook-sized version of the default banners. When you choose a banner design, we'll use the coordinating Facebook banner.
I want to create my own banner. What are the banner sizes?
- FundEasy banners should be 2056 px wide and 514 px tall.
- Separate banners are needed when posting on Facebook and on mobile devices. Those banners should be 470px wide and 246px tall.
- Supported file types: JPEG, PNG, or GIF
- If you choose to use your own banners, click the "Upload a custom banner" link to upload your banners.
How do I set up my payments processing?
- All campaigns must use WePay for payments processing.
- If you have an existing WePay account with Ministry Sync, you can choose the payment account or create a new one from Campaign Details.
- If you haven't used WePay with Ministry Sync, click the create a new WePay account link in the Payment Processing section of the Campaign Details.
- There are 4 steps to creating a WePay account:
- Creating or logging in with your WePay User name.
- Adding a WePay account (this includes the soft descriptor, or name that appears on credit card statements)
- WePay's verification process, called "Know Your Customer"
- Establishing a settlement method and settlement frequency. You can choose direct deposit or mail check. Daily, Weekly, or monthly. Daily is not available for Settlement by check.
- Usually you can step through this process very easily. This article has more information.
Managing your campaign
How do I open my FundEasy Lite campaign? When you created your FundEasy Lite campaign, you had the choice to open your campaign immediately or to choose a specific date or time. Your campaign will open based on that choice.
If after your campaign opens you decide to close it, go to the Campaign Dashboard and click the Public Registration dropdown and choose Not Open Yet, Open, or Closed. Or click the dropdown next to the name of your event in the top menu toolbar. To open it again, you'll need to change the setting to open the campaign manually and then change the Public Registration dropdown to Open.
Where do I find the link for my event?
- The link to your campaign is on the lower part of your Dashboard. Click the gauge icon in the upper left corner to go to your Dashboard.
- You can also click the loudspeaker icon in the lower left icon to open a modal with with your campaign's promote tools.
Does this campaign have fundraiser pages? No. FundEasy Lite campaigns are not peer-to-peer campaigns. Instead there is one FundEasy Campaign Web Page where your donors can go to make their gift for your organization.
Where do I find my donors? Your donors are listed in Campaign Donations. Click the dollar sign icon in the left toolbar. This report shows their donation information and the status of their payment. This report is similar to the Transaction Report in traditional FundEasy events.
How do I edit my donors?
- To edit personal information for your donor, go to Campaign Donations (the dollar sign icon) and click the hyperlink under their name. This will open the person profile in another window. Click the Edit icons to edit personal information.
- To view or refund transactions, click the chevron [v] to the right of the donor's name
What are the fees for my FundEasy Lite campaign? We're giving you 2 options for fees.
- Platform Fee Preference. We give you 2 choices for platform fees
- Standard FundEasy fees:
- 2.9% + .30 merchant fee
- 4% platform fee.
- FREE - "Pay it Forward*" (Donors will be given the option to support the platform by "Paying it Forward")
- 2.9% + .30 merchant fee
- No Platform fee - In order to to cover the cost of FundEasy, donors are given an option to support FundEasy during the donation process. This is optional. Donors are not required to pay it forward.
- Standard FundEasy fees:
*What do you mean by Pay it forward? Instead of charging a platform fee, we're giving donors the option to pay it forward. These tips help Ministry Sync maintain our platform without charging you a separate platform fee.
- From Campaign Donations, click View Settlements.
- Each row is a separate settlement. Click View Details to open that settlement for more detailed information.
- The entire settlement report is exportable to a CSV file. Individual settlements can be downloaded by clicking into that row in the settlement report and then clicking Export.
- This article has more information about WePay Settlements.