Register a new host
Create a new group without registering a new host
How do hosts manage more than one group?
Promote guests to hosts
Move hosts from one group to another
Cancel or demote a host
Register a New Host
To register someone as a host from the admin side of Ministry Sync, click the Register Person icon in the bottom of the Event Tools Menu on the left then on the modal window choose Host. This will register them to the event, send them the Host Manager email, and create their group.
Create a new group without registering a new host:
Not all groups need to have a host. You can create a new group when you have a host who is managing more than one group, or if you have a group that doesn't have a host.
- Click the Options [ v ] link to the right of the word Group, or click Add at the bottom of the Group column.
- Click New Group. This will open a modal window
- Type in a new group title in the pop-up.
- You also have the option to make a group private to hide it on the Registration Form
- If you are using folders in your event, there will be a dropdown to create or choose the folder.
- If you need to set or edit a group limit you can add the limit and add instructions on how the registration form will handle a registration that when the limit is reached.
- Smart Groups bring custom searches to Manage Registrants. Smart Groups are under construction and will need to be created and edited from the Old Group Manager in Event Tools. This article in the old Ministry Sync Knowledge Base has more information about Smart groups
- To edit this group later, Click Options > Edit Group in the right corner of the group.
Promote a guest to host
You can make an already registered guest a host by using the promote option in the [ V ] button menu next to their name. Groups can have more than one host.
- Click the [ V ] button next to their name.
- Click the option to make them a host. This will open the Promote to Host window.
- Select whether they will host the group they are currently in or if they will be the host of a new group.
- If they will be hosting a new group, you can name the group from the same window.
- The host will automatically receive the Host Manager email unless you uncheck the Send Host Instructions box. If there isn't an email address in their profile, you'll be able to add one from here.
- The host of a new group is automatically the Main Contact for the group. Generally, this person is considered to be the group contact. Only one person can be the Main Contact. The Main Contact for the group is indicated by a star next to their name.
- Groups can have more than one host, but only one person can be the Main Contact. so when you're promoting someone to be the host of a group, leave the Main Contact box unchecked if this person will not be the main contact.
Move a host from one group to another
You can move people between groups from the Action pulldown or by dragging and dropping them from their group to their new group. This article covers moving people in more detail. When you move someone from one group to another, you have the option to send a notification email to those hosts to let them know their group has been changed. This is turned on by default, but can be disabled in Event Preferences.
Cancel or demote a Host
Before canceling a host's registration you must first demote them.
- Click the [ V ] button next to the host's name.
- Choose Demote to Guest.
- Confirm that you're demoting this host.
- Host will be demoted.
- The name of the group will remain the same. If you need to rename the group, click the Option link in the upper right corner of the group.