When it comes to closing your event, there are 2 separate dates you'll deal with. First is event registration, when people can register to attend your event. You can close your event registration in FundEasy Events by clicking the green dot in the Public Registration section on the Dashboard, or by clicking on the dropdown next to the name of your event in the top menu toolbar.
Things to know:
- If you don't close registration, your event will automatically close at midnight after your event date.
- Closing your event does not affect your participant's fundraising pages, which stay open for 30 days after your event is over.
- Your event does not need to be open for your fundraiser pages to stay open.
- Since #GivingTuesday Campaigns do not have fundraiser pages, once the campaign closes, your donors are no loner able to give.
The second date is the Fundraising Goal Deadline. This is the date that your fundraisers have to reach their goals. This date creates the countdown on the event web page and on the fundraiser's page. In FundEasy Lite campaigns, like #GivingTuesday and Year-End Campaigns, this date is set for the end of day on Tuesday or December 31st, respectively.
We no longer show the notification that the event is over but you can still give. When the goal deadline has been reached, the countdown will be removed and the pages will stay open for 30 days (or longer if you have chosen for them to remain open longer).
Set your Default Goal Deadline by following these steps:
- From your Event Information link, click on Edit Details
- Scroll down to the FundEasy Pages section
- Set the date and time in the Default Goal Deadline box. This is usually set for the start of the day of your event. If you want the deadline to be midnight, change the Default Goal Deadline day to the next day and then choose 12 am.
- Your participants' pages will show that the event is over, but people may still give for at least one month after your event date.